Safety is the number one focus when operating an ATV or other type of all-terrain vehicle, and the same goes for towing them. Continue reading to learn some helpful safety tips for towing ATV’s and more.
It is important to protect your safety, and the safety of other drivers when towing any load. You do not want your load to come loose and collide with other traffic, nor do you want a reckless driver to cut you off or make you swerve off the road. Here are some important tips to utilize when towing an ATV or other all-terrain vehicle:
1. Be Sure Tow Hitch and Safety Chains are Connected Properly
2. Be Sure Signaling Lights on Trailer are Functional
3. Always Allow Extra Time for Stopping
4. Slow Down When Making Turns
5. Use a Trailer Specifically Designed for ATV Towing
6. Follow All Rules of the Road and Traffic Signals
7. Do Not Speed
8. Obey All Towing Guidelines in Trailer Owner’s Manual
9. Be Sure All Objects are Tightly Secured
10. Maintain Ample Space Between Other Vehicles on the Road
11. On Long Trips, Pull Over Every Hour to Check All Equipment
12. Practice in a Safe Spot Before Driving on a Main Road
13. Always Ride in Designated or Legal Trails
Contact a licensed Indianapolis towing operator for professional towing advice and information. They are happy to give you the information you need to safely and securely tow an all-terrain vehicle, and much more. They also retain the proper equipment, training, and experience to assist you with any type of tow you may need.